Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Contemplating 2012

All in all, 2012 proved itself to be another turbulent year,brimming with challenge and endeavour. Each obstacle and hurdle were unique and pose its own lessons and experience unlike never before. And somehow, all of the ordeal made me believe that the worst had already passed behind me. As such, also, I have the confidence to say that Im liking the person I am now despite whatever changes that occurred. The strength to believe in the path I chose for myself and to trust my conscience is paramount if I ever going to be satisfied with myself. The person to believe in steering this body and soul should be mainly myself. If someone were to regard me as unsuccessful, I should be the first to defer the definition of success and take it to my own interpretation.

Talking about 2013, it seems that all the results and outcomes from the entire preparation will soon unravel itself. And indeed,it will be a year like no other,as the 2nd transition point of my life will again take place. However as of now, anxiety seems to dominate other feelings.


At the same time, I just want to write a little bit of review about a drama I watched during the holidays, Shining Inheritance. The theme of the drama is quite interesting which is family vs moral conscience. Majority of the plot and storyline revolves around the issue of choosing between family and doing the right thing, which is no easy task. Not many people can easily decide to choose doing the right thing over family interest. Hence, viewers will have a really hard time putting themselves in the shoes of the characters in the drama.




I wish I could summarize the drama...but the story is really complicated and dense...so you have to watch it yourself to really get the idea of it...

Basically, the main crux of the drama is about the sincerity of the relationship between family members, especially with step-families...And also trust between mankind through good deeds...Unscrupulous and greedy for money (Inheritance) ...Corporate management which prioritizes employees welfare...and of course...love and compassion.
 
Interestingly enough for me, I find it hard to ultimately hate the antagonists (stepmother and stepsister). Usually in dramas I've seen, the bad person is so bad until you cant see any good in the person (which is not how reality works). The evil stepmother and confused stepsister both have solid reasons which is why their evil acts appeared "acceptable". I like the fact that the antagonist has good justifications to their every action, so you cant really help but to sometimes compromise with the bad guys.

One thing though, this is a 28 episode drama, hence the progress of the story is painstakingly slow, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. And you would probably be yelling at the screen a lot due to infinitesimal near misses in the drama which lead to more dilly dally in the next episode. You can get quite frustrated too as the viewer to notice that everyone in the drama knows everyone but no one actually knows that everyone knows everyone! (Get it!!) =.=

I learned a lot from this drama. Definitely "blood is thicker than water" proverb does not stand in a world where moral values are upholded. I find it definitely worth watching and worth my time spent a week to finish it..

5 comments:

  1. yes adam...just to fill in some spare time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ask the same question just like your friend had posted. LOL. x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hihi..kak efa dah ulang kali tgok muvie nie..citer ni menyentuh perasaan :)

    ReplyDelete