Thursday, February 10, 2011

Double-Standard

Just before I start with the title...today...I'll be having a driving class at 2:30pm...due to the previous mishap...oops..haha...perhaps the class would prolong for the next consecutive days until Wednesday for retest...suddenly...I somewhat saw something I hadn't foresaw...well...I don't have the confidence to drive to my driving academy...even if I had the chance to do so with my acquired license...nor can I properly deal with myself in bumper-to-bumper situations...and a LOT of other things that I didn't really know about driving...I guess all this while I had only been seeking to pass the test without learning much about competent driving....truth be told I envy people who had gotten their license without a hitch or glitch...because it made me look slow...learning how to drive...maybe that is the thing that I had to accept...I'm not cut out enough for this...still...I just had to work more...even if it means being slow...that's how I am...

Okay..the interlude's over...its just something that bothers me lately...owh...1 more thing.....I decided...I want to look for a JOB!!...finally...okay...let's start....

The term double-standard is commonly used to describe a situation in which one is treated unfairly or differently compared to others...it means a person is given special treatment for certain reasons, but in reality, every individual is at par with each other and is of equal standards...well...at least that was the gaudy definition I made up....

Double-standard...happens for a number of reasons...how should I put it....try to think of a person and why he or she is better than the other...why he or she is special to you?...but both should deserve or have the right to be treated the same way....or try this...in a family...the parents favour one child over the other...that makes more sense...so...the parents are practicing double-standard or favourtism...owh...mind you this is just an exemplary situation...no relation whatsoever to my real life situation...thank you...=)

Since you already painted the picture in your head...now list down the reasons why favourtism or double-standard occurs...I'll list down some of them that I know...

1)Physical appearance
2)Personality
3)Abilities or capabilities

Physical appearance


Em...this is a bit hard to begin with...okay...I guess I have to admit that maybe I'm not like __________ (fill in the blanks with whatever you think fits)....but I am grateful to Allah the Creator that I'm me...so I guess that goes for everyone as well....but it is maybe inevitable that you might be a bit...slightly...eenie meenie bit...by chance perhaps...envious or have that green eyes once you came across someone having the better look (or assumed to be so)....especially when he or she grabs all the attention from the ones you love...OR the other side of the coin...is that you are the one that most of the time that gets the praises and gestures from the people around you....okay...maybe the fence-sitters can be both at the same time...it DOES happen...people have different perspective don't they....

We..as human beings...we love things that look great and attractive...take shopping for a shirt or a dress....of course we took the ones that looks pleasing...presentable...so that everyone else will say the same about us too...unfortunately...I have to say...the question whether you are a human being or an object to be chosen from...isn't a pleasant one....but that's how I feel or look at it...tell me if I'm wrong...I'm sorry for misleading....I think..to me...in a situation that we need to choose...a person..as a partner,friend, or employee...it is something we just might sub-consciously take account for...so..is it necessarily wrong...if you choose to be friends or spouse with someone with good looks who is obviously more popular?...

Thus, a decision must be made...for better or worse...that is the social circle we live in today...try to evaluate yourself...have you ever treated anyone differently without any solid reason?...do you feel embarrassed to be seen by people when you are with someone?...or do you feel like you want the whole world to see he or she being with you?....should you?...to a certain extent...you have to agree...that complexion does have a stake in building relationships...as much as you try to deny or resist it...it occurs without us noticing...

Personality

The biggest cliche ever...when the inner beauty outshines the rest...you know what they say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...does apparently what we see with our eyes signifies beauty?...looks can be deceiving is more like it...anyway...most people argue that personality of a person is the most important part...lets see how far the idea of personality can traverse...

Yes..the gem of character can really glow...people will look forward to be with someone that has such a great character...just name it...funny..sensible...cool...smart...friendly...caring...and the dreamy adjectives goes on and on and on....their presence seem very convenient to us....how they portray themselves...with such grace...what they do will warm the hearts of anyone...

Basically...the evaluation of personality depends on our actions and what we do...the way we lead our life...and what principles do we carry....people will see what values we bring inside ourselves...But the thing is...some people take these things for granted...they don't take the time to see with their hearts...and treasure the precious personality of a person...until one day...they realize...what they had been missing all this while...well...that goes for only certain people...and that is why personality sometimes become overshadowed...

Ability and Capability

Have you ever became amazed or admire anyone because of the thing they do?...does artistes ring the bell...well...just browse through some amazing things that will wow and awe you...maybe like singers...poets...guitarists...basketball or soccer players....or people who excel in their academics...something!!!...its up to you....your social circles will most probably revolve around those people who excel in the things you are amazed in...don't tell me you'll just ignore Taylor Swift when she's right in front of your eyeballs!!....(unless your not her fan...duh!!)...well...lets try a smaller and reachable scale of events please...okay...if you're a girl...then maybe you'll be more interested in people who are good in certain sports....you get the idea....


Mind you..what I said above there doesn't really apply as "double-standard"...because the term is usually used in things like rights...like in getting a job...government policies...but perhaps...if you think that you are not treated equally as a friend or spouse...that is if you regard it is as your RIGHT...I just like to put it up to make it sound more dramatic and hyperbolic..."favourtism"?...I don't know what's the difference either...google it-lah!!..haha...a piece of advice after the babble...I'm not trying to advocate some strange ideology....nor am I suffering from some dellusional heartbreak...it might or might not be related to my current life...but...in a situation that you want to choose a friend or spouse...think about the thing that matters most...of course anyone would recommend a good personality...yeah...sure...but is that exactly what you are doing right now?...that is a question I pose to myself actually....

No comments:

Post a Comment