Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nobody is perfect

Okay..I like to talk about why and when people use this sentence or phrase...This statement is self explanatory...no one is mr. perfect or flawless...

Have you ever get strucked with the feeling of resentment or disappointment when you can't do something?...or yet feeling angry with yourself when someone else come into the picture and outdo you in the things you gave your life to?...

Imagine if you are really good at something and you spent all your life at it...people applaud and praise you for it...you are practically known for the one thing you're good at..it's your signature trademark or your speciality...

AND SUDDENLY...someone else seemed to take all that away...and your efforts to fight back proved futile...

OR how about...when you started to be defensive if you have done some faults...when you started shouting at people telling them that you're not perfect and they're no good either....

I've faced these situations...firstly...about having mr. perfect bursting your bubble...yes...I have encountered some people I feel very inferior to...I feel like I want to be better than him or her in any way possible...My take would be...is to be yourself...

Being myself...is to live within my means...to only accept good things as a part of myself...if this kind of enviness will ruin us in the sense of making us feel more stressed out and frustrated..I think its best to let go...judge yourself with your own merit...only you have the value that no one else has...you are special in your own way..

Let me take an example of a urban student and a rural student...If the urban student can score better...is it justified to say that the urban student is more clever?...this might not be a fair comparison....everyone has their own limitations and the opportunities that they are exposed to...in which case it is impossible to compare anyone with anybody...because all of us have different background...Thus, living as yourself...perhaps you appreciate yourself as you...and not anybody else...

Telling people or reminding yourself that you are not perfect sometimes backfire...so what people are not perfect...we still must work towards perfection...of course...we must not take this overboard because...yes...we will make mistakes...and we should not pressure ourselves...but still...never let yourself slump into the comfort zone where you can always scapegoat everything to the statement of nobody's perfect...try to admit your faults...and try harder next time...

That is all the chit-chat from me...I hope you benefitted from this...and I hope all us be guided by Allah towards truth and success...forgive me for misconceptions...salam...

2 comments: