Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Can't Let Go


"Assalamualaikum and a very pleasant morning I bid Mr. Principal,Mr.
Abdul Hashim b. Abdul Karim,Dr. Mior Hamdan b. Haji Ghazali,Senior Assistant,Mr.Zakaria b.Yusof,Senior Assistant of Student Affairs,Mr.Haji Badri b. Abdul Manaf,Senior Assistant of Co-curricular activities,senior teachers,teachers, and beloved STARians..."

* * * *

As if I had woken up from a trance...this was last year...and the years before...I can't imagine myself anymore standing next to the rostrum...parallel to the flagpole...which the Jalur Gemilang soar elegantly as it made its way to the top...aside from the blaring orchestra symphony by the band members...new faces...old faces...say greetings to each other...the 1st day of school had just begun...FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL IN SCHOOL...

Sorry...I just can't seem to escape that nostalgic,sentimental thingy....haha...if it weren't for my cat...I wouldn't be in this spellbinding dilemma...I guess it started when my cat started to "knock" at the door asking to come inside the house...when I opened the door...the fresh,cool dawn gust of air seeps directly into my senses...the vibes...the aura...the environment...its all just too familiar...

My mum,who is a teacher, clad in her typical teacher attire like the rest of the teachers I know...said to me..

"usually at this time...You will be messaging us before going to school..."

That is just enough to make my eyes all watery...argh....I just nodded benignly....and I put up a slight smile...acknowledging what she meant...school's over for me...

I might be complaining now and then about how boring school is...but I wouldn't be imagining either I would be saying all these things...(sigh)....Get a life and move on, you hoarder!!!...(strangling myself)

1)Teachers
2)Friends
3)Co-curricular activities

If I am standing in the verdant Kinta Valley RIGHT NOW (teleporting myself)....(virtually)...the first thing I wanted to know is how the teachers are doing...I bet it is just the same as their previous years...they had been teachers their whole life...but...its just good to know if they are doing fine...likewise I'm sure...just like the years before...I would also be thinking about the teachers who I am are really intimate or close with...the same person who brought me from nothing...from gullible Form 1 until rebellious Form 5...their ways...fared far from changes...and they will do the same...again and again...until the next person came in line....special dedication and tribute to ALL TEACHERS IN STAR...

FRIENDS...they are all over Malaysia right now...some had gone somewhere....namely PLKN and pre-university programmes...or just sitting and relaxing like what I am doing right now...haha....but...its the memories and the past actions with them...still lies HERE....when you just stood there...whether it is in the dorm or the dining hall...or the surau....it bombards your mind with countless, endless, ceaseless visions....flashbacks keep playing in your mind..."once upon a time"..."it once happened"....now...you don't have a chance to re-live...reincarnate...or been through it once more...for all is lost...gone...consumed by time and phase...The next generation had taken over...it could be somewhat agonizing or comforting...those things are like treasures that you just want to lock it in and seal right inside a chest...I could still contact my friends right now...but the feeling wasn't the same like when it used to...our lives had differed now due to the inevitable parting of ways...perhaps our paths will or can cross and converge...but it won't stay the same like it did 5 years ago...To Batch of 50...wherever you are...hope your doing fine...(sob)

owh...the more...enlightening part..."ko-ko"...don't you still have that fighting spirit for your school...keep it...you might need it one day...just got bored in school and you feel you want to do something...that's it...I don't have to elaborate on the typical essay question about the importance of co-curricular activities....well...been there done that...your too old for that level playing field...I know for certain....but at least we can still live on the legacy of our own...use the experience and knowledge we have for our own future...perhaps that is what we already thought about since the day we started...just browse through your certificates and you'll be reminiscing the places you've been...the exciting and nerve-wrecking moments...the grief and anguish of competitions...your social circle expanded cross borders...give yourself a pat in the back for the fact you've been through it all...as for me...I have to train the juniors for the debate team...chaiyok!!!

Okay...I can take off that contraption from my face now and step back into reality...Actually, I have anticipated all of these to happen a long time ago...but I still fall for it...perhaps I just can't let go of it...just YET!!! haha...cherrio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment