Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Relationship

As I was walking...wandering haplessly...a caption of description caught my sight...

"Relationships are like plants; they will wilt and die if you don't care for them..."

Well...I thought...perhaps...

So..when I think about it everytime...when it comes to maintaining relationships...whether it is friendship or romantic relationships...I guess there are a lot of things that we need to remember...if you had a successful one...or deemed so...the quote up there is just one of the million other philosophical and metaphorical statement made to remind us of human connection...

As for me...after had finished taking SPM...basically finished high school...everyone had entered a new phase in life...where you are on your own most of the time...occupied with their own ways...forming new social circles...a perfect moment that will attest our commitment in maintaining relationships...

Time is making this plant we are talking about dehydrated...coarsened by the searing heat and blinding sunshine...so I am just wondering how do I know how committed the other behalf is...since it is a two way communication...maybe apparently there is no way of knowing (unless clearly stated)...if they really treasure this plant...but if you think this plant is a burden to you just because the other person does not do anything about it either...does it make you as ignorant as the latter?

From my standpoint...I would rather be the one to rectify and preserve the relationship first even if the other person seemed passive...why wait when we could always be the first to make the move to save a weakening bond...sometimes it is not about commitment...its about limitations, constraints and different paths in life that separates us from the other party...

thinking about ending a relationship?...trying to erase a person from your mind?...whatever it is...you can't just have that vengeance in you to continuously hate a person...it will only hurt and ache even more that it already is...looks like this plant has thorns...still...its a plant that we must take care of...if its just too hard...lets just maintain a safe distance...let go...but don't let it die...the consequences of cutting ties will only spur more hatred around us...it will spread like a plague...relationship with other people will deteriorate as we lose confidence and trust in people gradually...

meeting new people is a great opportunity to make your life even cheerful...like gardening?...even if you don't..you would still enjoy having a wide array of plants in your garden...different people have different characteristics which we might like or don't like...but their presence will make us feel more complete...if only people take some time to discover and understand new things...our perception will change too...avoid being skeptical...you might miss something what others don't...

So..I'm just going to try my best to take care of my plants....even if it died...I have no regrets...hopefully it will decompose and let a new one sprout...but I'm really sure not to forget its roots...it's just memories that I have to keep to myself...even if others had moved on...if it means forgetting....maybe I don't want to move on...let me stay here and rot until another comes to greet with a helping hand and a reassuring smile....for I would be grateful once more to keep myself going...

Just pull out the weeds why don't ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment