Thursday, September 6, 2012

Picking things up

And again I can see crossroads in front of me, while the others are still busy talking to each other. It seems its going to happen again...

This semester is going to end soon. And prediction of how calm and soothing semester this was going to be can go way down the tubes...of course, it was not as relaxing as I thought it would be...but it was indeed a life changing semester...such a big choice of words there...but its the only way I could describe my feelings right now...

All in all, I have to say that there are numerous events that occurred during this semester..I learned a lot of things from it...umm..apparently my initial intention to write about those experiences come to a halt as of this moment because I still feel I shouldnt disclose everything I do on the net...


But, there are things I can talk about which I would happily disclose and share...something I found quite personal as well...I'm going to talk about the things I watched like dramas,sitcoms, comedies and so on...

It is quite interesting enough to know how entertaining and liberating so to say watching stories or movies...come to think of it...I might prefer something more visual unlike reading to occupy myself...
But, just a little reminder before getting attached to those tv screens and glued to your laptops...remember not to go overboard...Actually this sudden habit I picked up after finishing school...yeah...because I got nothing much to do..so...I thought watching videos on the net seemed like a good idea..unlike tv..at least you can choose what you're watching instead of leaving yourself with no options to switch channels or shows...unless you own your own tv...Inevitably..there are things that I wished I never had seen on those films..but anyways...do pick up the useful and beneficial things from it...besides, its quite a good way to practice your verbal and communication skills too...

So, how about some reviews shall we...I dont like to explore too much though...so I just dig back whatever old things I watched when I was a kid...hence, Disney movies and productions seemed to me like one of the most inspirational things in my life...I mean..growing up with Disney just make your life feel so complete...it will make you see the world is not as complicated,big and miserable...so long as you have the values that the story was trying to brought forth...many people would agree with me that it is better than what you are being served these days with all the negative influences...swearing and sexual innuendos are at minimal is all in the good old days..feels like I was born yesterday...

I'm currently running a streak on Even Stevens...which I thought seemed quite balanced...comedy...not too perky...realistic..and most importantly gives that 'awww' and warm feeling inside you of happy ending...

                     

Basically, its about lives of a family, the Stevens family. But usually the story revolves around the teenagers, Louis and Ren. These siblings are totally the opposite of each other. What I can say is that, I can really like relate my life with whatever issues or rather plots in every episode. It really speaks about what values do people need to keep living a hopeful life in this world.

I like how the characters are portrayed. Ren is a girl, just to clear that out. Not an average girl though, she's beyond average. To me, she depicts those very perfectionist and "narcissistic" kind of person...I think most of us in dear reality would relate to her daily dilemmas if you are the kind of person who always wants to "succeed" in "life"...She is purely the Ms. Perfect in the story...she is practically good in everything...she had her pictures on the wall of fame for the best student for consecutive semesters..accepts no less than As for her grades...always particular about anything that will contribute to her ascend...She is also the principal's pet I might say and also the kind of person who would always show up on the podium in school events...practically everyone in the school recognized her as the epitome of perfection..she was also called "goodie two shoes" for her "responsible" behaviour.



Of course in every episode, the story poke holes in her life...showing how "imperfect" in reality she is compared to her brother Louis, who is the school troublemaker and described as "Nothing boy" by Ren, which she later apologized. Apparently for Louis, he is the kind of person who likes to be normal. But, technically he is not as normal as he is crazy with ideas and always goof around.

                                              

Problems Ren faced were rather, to me, the ordinary workaholic people would likely face...like of course, the flaws of Ren are always seen...like how un-athletic she is, she is always bothered by her busy schedule and surmountable pressure from teachers and peers alike...however, despite being popular and mighty, she has problems to understand people sometimes...for example, having negative perceptions about her brother and like people who are below her...

Louis' problems were of course of lower magnitude...but the situation always turn upside down as long as he is around, which explains why Ren is always annoyed...Louis is rather a complement to his sister as he is the one teaches Ren to lead a "normal" life. I really like this part a lot because it redefines how people choose to best lead their life and the values we have to carry. Louis' idea of normal is having fun and not taking things too seriously to a point where it will not be healthy for even Ren.   
 
Nevertheless, both characters also portrayed everyday problems with friendship and love. Ren, being the girl and older sister is always concern about her crush and having her friends (posse) to assist her in her relationships. Louis also have his two usual friends, Alan Twitty and Tawny Dean. Twitty would be the person to join Louis and his schemes while Tawny will rectify the situation and bring Louis to his senses. However, Louis and Tawny later developed their friendly relationships into love. However, this is developed throughout the episodes and they once officially confessed their feelings for each other. However their status as a couple caused their relationship to turn sour and problematic and thought it would be probably best to stay friends. Nevertheless, they always knew inside that they loved each other but maintained a fixed distance and always refer each other in public as friends.

                                        



Next up, one of my favourite movies, Pocahontas. It is quite a nice story to watch for a cartoon. If it wasn't for this movie, I would have never known about how America is actually formed by the Brits. Their descendants I mean. It is also quite open minded for the movie to be made, depicting how the native Indians are the initial people living in the New World. The best part is to see how the encounter of two different cultures, belief, skin colour, and race came to understand and trust each other in a colonialism setting. If not for Pocahontas' encounter with John Smith, the native Indians might have been invaded and eradicated. I would think Pocahontas as a hero who chooses diplomacy with the white men.

           
                                                       




I'm sure everyone has stories that they have heard,seen or read about which may be even more interesting and life changing. And all of them are different. They might not be your or my real experiences, but this is as close as it gets to the real thing. These are the things that shape us who we are. Regardless how old you get, these values are the ones that we are going to teach our children. And we stick to those values. Pheww, the word "values" I used a lot today...

1 comment:

  1. DISNEY!! :D I miss all the old disney shows. keep posting more bout em! i could somehow re-live my childhood by reading em. haha. owh, n this is miraz btw if u're confused.xD

    ReplyDelete